Friday, July 10, 2020

Special gift for my birthday back in 2006


I received a surprise gift from my cross-stitch internet friends in Korea whom I've never met in-person before. We all became friends over the internet. I was a member of a Korean cross-stitch blog "For Stitch". We all shared our project such as WIP, completed and planned. We all commented on each other's work to support. We've enjoyed doing secret cross-stitch surprises for other members in the group. For example, we've stitched one block each and made a nice bed cover. We've also surprised members expecting new babies, twin babies, and members with health problems, etc. When I turned 60 years old, approximately 30 members joined and made dozens needle rolls, pillow, card and a beautiful 20 flower(with my name, HELEN) block-stitched bed cover. I was so touched. Unfortunately, this internet cross-stitch group hasn't been so active like before. It is bit sad.

                                                        Bed cover with member's name

                                                                         Pillow

                                                                          Card

                                                              Dozen of  Needle Rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment